Thursday, July 3, 2014

Chilly Day!

It was 54 degrees this morning when I arrived at the garden!  I was thankful I had a sweatshirt stashed in my truck for just such occasions!   But it did make for great working weather, and my one volunteer and I made quick work of the remaining weeds in the cabbage row.  The entire row is now free of weeds, and we did the happy dance!  Literally, we were dancing with delight in the garden!

It looks so beautiful now!  My volunteer had to leave, but I still had some time, so I set to work pulling the weeds along the zucchini row.

I made good progress, and even had to remove my sweatshirt as the weather warmed up to 60 degrees.  I finished about 1/3 of the row, or about 50 feet.  (These rows are 150 feel long.)

I've still got a good amount to go, but this is a good start and soon the entire area will be free of weeds.  And as I've said before, these tall weeds are very satisfying to pull because you see such a huge difference and feel quite accomplished!

Tomorrow is Independence Day!  My family will have a float in the Brighton 4th of July Parade and we will celebrate with a large pot luck barbeque with family and friends.  I wish you and your loved ones a Happy 4th of July.  Thank you to all my wonderful volunteers.  I say it often, and I truly mean it.

No comments:

Post a Comment